Monday 23 September 2013

Emmys Favourites

I love award shows. I never actually watch them but I love watching the red carpet. I could spend the whole day watching E! Live on the red carpet. I like to pretend I am on fashion police and do my own commentating. Its sad I know! Anyway I thought I'd compile a list of my favourite looks...

Keirnan Shipka in Delpozo- This was the perfect dress for her age. I think so many young people at award shows dress much older for their age (Modern family girls I am looking at you. They looked lovely at the Emmys but I think they should have worn something more young and fun). I love how she kept her make up simple with a bright pink lip and big brows. This is hands down my favourite look from the Emmys.


Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang- Can you believe you she is 41?!! She is ridiculously good looking. I know she always wears in similar dresses but I like that. She knows she has an incredible body and she knows how to dress for her body shape. I don't think a lot of celebrities can say that. I am all for people dressing their body shape rather than trying to experiment with trends. You can tell she feels completely confident in dresses like this. To me confidence can transform the way people look.


Rose Byrne in Calvin Klein- She is just looks stunning. It's like this dress was made for her. Its perfect for her body. I love this blush colour. I never thought I would ever like pink but I am actually considering giving into this current trend. I like how she paired it with a plum lip which makes it less girly.



Allison Williams in Ralph Lauren- Now I have never watched girls but ever since it has come out I have always kept an eye on Allison. She always looks amazing. Her look is always simple but stylish. This look is no exception.  I know some people may think its too simple but I love everything about this outfit. I love the gorgeous colour, the gold jewellery she chose and that smokey eye with a nude lip. It just highlighted how beautiful she is.


Claire Danes in Armani PrivĂ©- I love how delicate this dress is. It is perfectly paired with that red lip and short hair. She just looks stunning. Its not a surprise she always looks amazing on the red carpet. I mean don't you remember that gorgeous canary yellow dress she wore to last years Emmys?!


Emilia Clarke in Donna Karen- I have been obsessed with Emilia ever since I started to watch Game of Thrones. She always looks amazing on and off the screen. As usual she knocked it out of the park on the night of the Emmys. I love this dress on her. I think when it comes to ruffled dresses there is a very thin line between looking frumpy and elegant. Luckily this dress is the latter. I love how she paired her frilly dress with slicked back hair and a earthy make up.


Cobie Smulders in J Mendel- Doesn't she look breathtaking?! Seeing her reminds me how excited I am for How I Met Your Mother! I still say Ted will end up with her...


What were your favourite looks from the Emmys? Did I miss any looks you loved? I hope I am not the only one who is just interested in the clothes and not actually watching the televised awards!

7 comments :

  1. I love Sofia, she is hilarious, and she look gorgeous as always.

    K x

    Sweet Apple Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can't wait for the new season of modern family to start! She's one of my favourite characters!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I get so happy anytime someone makes a game of throne reference!

      http://themacaronaddict.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  3. Love theeese looks :)
    http://marwalicious.devote.se

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire Danes is always my favourite, so pretty and classy! Kiernan Shipka looks cute too though. nice picks! xx

    lizzarroo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...