Friday 20 September 2013

Primrose Hill

I thought I'd do a different post today and show what I did the other day. You know how I blogged about London's bipolar weather and that I was finally accepting that the sun wouldn't resurface for a while? Well the other day the sun actually came out! Just when I got over it go figure. Now if you live somewhere hot you probably think this is not a big deal. However us Londoners jump for joy when there is even a little bit of sun. It's extremely rare here. Now where do I go when the weather is good (well slightly)?!



I am lucky enough to live within walking distance from there. It is one my favourite places in London. Its in North West (I don't think I can ever again say North West without thinking of Kim & Kanye's baby. Is that just me?!) London near Regents Park and the Zoo. Needless to say its an incredible location. As I have lived in St Johns Wood my whole life this park is filled with happy memories for me. From playing in the playground with my siblings to picnics with friends when I got older. Oh and a not so happy one. My cousin and I got chased around the park by a massive Labrador while our dads and the owner laughed and watched. I say massive because when you are about five years old the dog was the equivalent to Godzilla to me. My dad still claims it was trying to play with me but I know it wanted to attack me. It was playing with its food! It was all in the eyes. To this day I am terrified of large dogs.

Anyway my mum and I decided to walk to Primrose Hill Highstreet to have a late lunch. Since it was on the way we decide to walk up through the park. I was happy to walk around the hill as I was hungry and wanted to get there quicker (Okay I lie I was just being lazy) but mum was having none of it. Apparently I needed the exercise which is such a lie I mean doesn't walking to my fridge count?! Begrudging I headed up the hill with her.



I always hate walking up there but when you get a glimpse of the view your realise its so worth it. Now if do come here when you walk up don't look back. The view looks more impressive when you haven't peaked.





The hill is filled with all sorts from yummy mummies to dog walkers. If you come here you'll probably recognise my mum as the crazy woman who traipses up and down the hill like 8 times. Why do you think she has such great legs?!



FYI that's mum not me!

After a taking in the view, we headed back down and we reached the highstreet. As we were starving we headed straight for Lemonia.



 Lemonia is a family run Greek restaurant which has been there for years. Its always full to the brim with ridiculously well dressed people especially on weekends. I wouldn't even bother going on the weekend unless you have booked a table. We went really late for lunch so there was no issue with getting a table. 


My favourite area to sit is the conservatory. Its so light and airy with greenery all around you. It makes you feel like you are sitting in a greek taverna. I love how friendly the service is.



The food is amazing too...

Humus & Prawns
Grilled Sole & Chicken and Aubergines
Mango sorbet & Turkish Delight (I never understand why they served this here. Its turkish right?!) 

After we had our mint tea we realised it was time to leave considering we were the only ones left there.


You can't come to this area and not look around. Even if its just to window shop and people watch.






One of favourite places on the highstreet is Mary Portas' Mary's Living and Giving Shop. Its a charity shop for Save the Children. You can always find the most incredible items here and everything goes to charity. Whats not to love?!







How adorable is that mini pink piano?!!

Apparently the weather is meant to be lovely this weekend so if you are looking for something to do head on over to here. This area truly comes alive when the on the weekend especially when the sun is out. Its something not to be missed!

PS. I'd love to know if you like reading more lifestyle posts. I'd happily document more of my days if anyone was actually interested in reading about it.

14 comments :

  1. such beautiful location, and lol at North West x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely place for a walk. You look great. Wish to check out my blog and maybe follow each other? Let me know

    http://justabriefmoment.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'd love to follow you on bloglovin!

      Delete
  3. Cool pictures and blog! I greet:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lovely pictures! And the food looks so amazing!!

    http://thehappybrainproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love primrose hill! looks like a great day
    Emma x
    www.emandthem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pics!

    <3

    ps. we are giving away a top and skirt from WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Post :)
    PS: I really like the name of your blog (I always knew that wasn't just my addiction lol)
    xx, Malena
    You can check my blog on:
    www.Fashioncontainer.com
    Fashioncontainer Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha yeah its nice to know that I am not the only one! I'd love to check it out!

      Delete
  8. I've never actually been to Primrose Hill despite living in London, but I may have to give it a visit now as your pictures make it look just amazing! Lovely blog too, following :)

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...